So much anxiety!

Hello everyone, just having a bit of a meltdown so thought I’d share on here… I had LLETZ treatment on 26th July as a result of glandular abnormalities (so CGIN). The consultant told me on the day that he’d removed all the abnormal cells he could see and that he couldn’t see anything nastier than that, but obviously has to wait for biopsy results to be sure. He marked them as urgent for the lab because they were glandular.

He told me results would be ready in 2 weeks so they should have been ready by Tuesday of this week. I’ve chased a few times and been told it’s in hand and that I’d hear by today, but then today I was told that the sample has to be looked at by a few people due to the nature of the abnormality and one of the people who needs to look at it is on annual leave!! So I now have to go another weekend without knowing and I honestly don’t know how I’m going to cope. I’m going on holiday in a couple of weeks and can’t even get excited about it in case I’ve got cancer and can’t go. Has anyone got any words of wisdom…?!

Hi,

I had LLETZ on the 26th July too.  I'm waiting for the results - my leaflet said 4-6 wks so I expect it varies from location to location.  I know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry too much.  I've read a lot of posts on this fabulous website and the main message I see is that if anything is found, it's very treatable and curable.  The nurse said to me that it's extremely rare to be CC because abnormalities are very common and LLETZ treatment is highly successful.  I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks time too so I'm hoping to hear before I go.  Try to focus on your holiday, the person that needs to look at your sample is on holiday and I would imagine there would be someone else available in their absence if it was absolutely necessary.

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post/message if you have a wobble - I'm happy to help if I can! xx

Sara

Hi Sara, thank you for your kind response. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your results and you hear good news before you go away. My wait was supposed to be 2 weeks because it's been marked as urgent due to being a glandular abnormality, otherwise it would have been 4 to 6 weeks for me too. It's definitely been the worst few weeks of my life but this site has helped!