Smear results help! Scared newbie!!

my boy was born April 2015, had a smear in september 15 came back with changes so had follow on smear april 2016 came back with changes again had follow on smear nov 2016 and just received letter today confirming i need to go in for colposcopy and will receive letter with appointment within 8 weeks!!! I don’t think I can wait 8 weeks :frowning:

i had an app with nurse in August as I keep getting period like pains and basically when I’m walking feels like my insides are going to fall out - got sent home and told to make a gp app if it happens again… happened again inovember so went back to see them and told to give urine sample (came back clear) and to go back again if it happens… happened again last week and this is is when I noticed its happening exactly a week after I have my periods… i have an app with gp next week, and now I have this letter I am thinking the worst I am so so scared :frowning: can’t stop crying and holding my little boy. Any advise? Does this sound like cc? I mentioned my abnormal smears to the doctor when I was in on November about this pain and he just brushed it off and said it won’t be that.x

Hi  please try not to worry . I can only tell you of my experience but if they are giving you an 8 week  appointment that's good. I was given an urgent must be seen within 2 weeks  after my screening and that was shortened and was seen within 1 week. Generally the people  who test know what they see they rang Mr Dr told him to get an urgent appointment booked and ring me to go in for a chat with him before I go to hospital and yes mine was cancer and I had no symptoms at all .

Pain or bleeding doesn't always mean it's bad but it could be anything and should be checked. Changes mean numerous things and it needs investigating. I know lots of ppl who've had changes some have had no treatment some needed lazer treatment n all are fine now n only one was called back to have it done  again.  The fact they are giving you a long window for an appointment and your Dr isn't worried I'd try not to worry yourself. You will worry it's natural but the nurses that check you over are amazing and so knowledgeable they really will put your mind at ease about everything  and this site is great for advice but everyone's journey is different so just keep thst in mind. 

Wishing you good results 

Erika x

Thank you! I'm such a worrier it's ridiculous I need to just keep calm until I have my appoint and see what is happening x

It's perfectly natural and not ridiculous worry at all . Just try keep a level head lots off us on here that's have been through it and are around to listen. Take care and try to ignore it for a smile so you can enjoy your Christmas x

Hi Erika I had doctors today she mentioned that smear changes are in 3 stages? And mines are in the middle what does this mean? Do you know? She also mentioned fibroids so I've to have a ultra sound for this too x

Hi Xtashaw

I just thought I would jump in and say from your last comment I think they may mean you have CIN 2. So CIN 1 is earliest then 2 and then 3 is basically abnornmalitiies which if left untreated could turn into cc. So for CIN 2 you will probably be offered a LLETZ. Sorry I can't help with the part about fibriods but if you type in the search bar there may be some other women who have posted about them. I haven't had LLETZ but is often offered with local anaesthetic and you would be in and out and then maybe have some cramping and bleeding for a week or so i think. They would then probably offer you more follow up smears just to make sure you are ok. Hope this helps. x