Should I be concerned? Very concerned

Hi

I have not been on this sight for a long time. I am 44 years old was diagnosed with 2b cervical cancer in 2011 which led to a radical hysterectomy, chemotherapy, internal and external radiotherapy and years of worry! Apart from sex being slightly painful at times I have been feeling great and had really thought the old days of fear were behind me. I have had to continue to use my dilators to make intercourse easier and the last couple of times when I have wiped afterwards there has been a small smear of dark brown (presumably old blood) - it really is very little discharge but has scared the life out of me - my oncologist warned that treatment had left a number of blood vessels at the top of my vagina and to expect bright red blood after intercourse - but this is brown.

I also have a lot of IBS style symptom (which is not unusual for me) so very bloated and crampy). However I have not lost which I did before my original diagnosis.

I have been discharged from the oncology team and I have booked an appointment to see my GP but I cannot get an appointment for a couple of weeks. I am so scared in case of recurrence.

Has anyone had similar? Do you think I should be worried?

Thank you for reading

Hey lovely, 

I can’t offered much reassurance I’m sorry but I didn’t want to read and run.

A recurrence after all this time is surely highly unlikely, and though no doubt in your position I would feel the same way you do, I am sure that there is a perfectly normal explanation and hope that the next couple of weeks aren’t too stressful whilst you wait. 

much love to you xx