Should I ask for a smear test? Long post.

Hi, Not sure where to start and I'll probably miss out something important. Apologies if tmi I just want to be clear in case anyone has experienced something similar. Bit of background. 27 years old. Always had irregular periods... can be anywhere from few days to couple weeks late. One previous normal smear 2.5ish years ago. No contraception. I had my first baby 11 months ago. Before return of my periods I was experiencing bloody discharge every 2 weeks or so. Had swabs and antibiotics as previously had infection of stitches but they came back clear. I've since been experiencing bloody discharge a day or 2 after period which initially lasted a few days but now lasts over a week each time. This includes discharge streaked with blood, really bloody, pink and also brown. Ultrasound in July which showed blood flow in uterus, suspected polyp. Referred to gynae, in Nov I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy of uterus. Said everything looked normal, and biopsy came back clear. After last period I had 'usual' bloody discharge and also brown blood for about a week which is new. Went to GP who said because of gynae being clear this may just be my new normal from childbirth changes, nothing at all to worry about, and gave me information on contraception but it's really not for me if I can avoid it. Anyway now I'm awaiting my period and since Monday I've had very light spotting maybe once or twice a day, today slightly more bloody discharge like, and basically wondering if I should go back again and ask for a smear test, as my cervix is the one thing I'm not aware has been checked this whole time, and my symptoms seem to be changing/getting worse. It's been nearly a year and with my baby I'm just terrified something bad may be going on. I have had discomfort during sex but I've put this down to having a baby (fine before) and it does seem to be improving slightly. Told GP who had a look inside and said everything looks fine. It's been almost a year now and I can't deal with the anxiety every time I experience one of these horrible symptoms! I didn't experience anything like this before I had my baby, but can't understand why things haven't settled and seem to be getting worse if anything. So sorry for the long post. If you did manage to read, I'd appreciate your advice and experience. Thank you