Sex after LLETZ Treatment

Hello, I hope someone can help. I had my LLETZ treatment just over 2.5 weeks ago. My partner and I got extremely drunk during the weekend and we ended up having unprotected intercourse. I am really worried (although it is my own fault for being stupid and drinking) as I know it said in all my booklets and my nurse said wait 4 weeks. What should I do?! Any help or advice would be great!

I think the no sex advice is mainly for reducing the risk of infection rather than due to risk of damaging anything, so I'd just keep an eye out for any signs of infection and don't beat yourself up about it!  Pop to your gp if anything seems dodgy but otherwise I'd just try and hold out the remaining week and a half to be on the safe side (bloody annoying isn't it).

If it makes you feel better I had a lletz 2.5 weeks ago too and very nearly did the exact same thing at the weekend - only remembered right at the last minute which was an incredibly frustrating passion killer :D Plus they took my IUD out when they did it so it could have had some serious ramifications if I hadn't remembered in time!!!xx