Second bad smear results

Hi, just wondered if anyone had any experience of this. I was diagnosed with severe dyskariosis in December 2014, but put off biopsies and treatment due to findings out I was pregnant shortly after. Cutting a long story short, I finally had my LLETZ in February of this year. I have just had my first smear test since treatment, and was gobsmacked today when the letter popped through the door and said they had found high grade severe dyskaryosis again. Obviously I'm at panic stations, as I expected this one to be clear, really shocked and devastated to see it's come back so quickly. Had anyone had an experience with this happening again so soon?

Hi,

I too have the same experience so your not alone. I've an appointment at the colposcopy clinic tomorrow having undergone LLETZ in January with repeat smear last month showing dyskaryosis.  

I have been on a roundabout since 2011 attending colposcopy clinic getting discharged back to GP, then back to clinic.  January was the first time they did anything at clinic and if I'm honest it was a bit of a shock. Thought the cervix would be looked at, smear taken and told I'd get a letter with results which would tell me if I needed to attend clinic again or not But that didn't happen I was treated.

I have a history of abnormal smears which stretches back over 30years so I'm used to the cycle of smears and on a few occasions have made it to 3yearly test but then I'm back to 6monthly.  The few times I've made it to 3year cycle smear I've been unhappy and anxious.