Rough patch on cervix

Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I’ve had my smear jan just gone, negative for high risk HPV so no cell testing. I’ve got two nabathlion cysts ?sp. And I can feel a very small rough but at the opening of the cervix. I was seen by GP after smear as I was worried about the cysts (they’ve been there years now) also seen by a gynaecologist in October 23 (for endo but he did a pelvic exam) no contact bleeding, no pain or bleeding after sex. The rough patch stresses me out do I need to worry about this? I was told before I had some ectropian could it be this? Considering a clear smear (recently) and a number of drs who have had a look do I need to go back to the GP? I’ve got another gynaecologist appt in May so will ask him to look then too. I suffer with health anxiety and don’t want to go the gp if I don’t need to. Thanks guys x

Hi, I don’t think you need to be overly concerned. The good news is recent tests and examinations have been absolutely fine and you can get this checked in May at your upcoming appointment. The rough area is most likely the ectropion and/or cysts.

I too have cysts and ectropion and recently had a scare when a doctor told me it looked “weird” and put me on the 2 week referral. I then had biopsies taken and worked myself up into a right state. Results came back no abnormalities found.

Learning from my mistakes, I’d put it to the back of your mind and just ask about it in May. Wishing you well :heartpulse: xx

2 Likes

I’ve just been for a pelvic examination and she told me she can feel a rough patch :grimacing:
But she said my last sneak was normal but I’m sure it had high grade hpv detected
I’ve been fast tracked to be seen because I’ve had cells removed before.
But I’ve had no sypmtoms at all no bleeding after sex no paid or anything just this that she’s said about a rough patch :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Now I’m googling and worried sick.

So weird, as my GP said my cervix felt soft even though I can feel a bumpy patch. They can see cysts but tell me that’s normal. I’ve got gynaecologist in May so am gonna get them to check then. Could they see any abnormalities with you? It could be ectropian?

1 Like

She didn’t say anything about abnormalities no. And I’ve had no symptoms at all so I’m not sure what it could be but I know I’m worried sick tbh!
I’ve had erosions before and them treated so I’m not sure if it’s scar tissue, but I had symptoms when I had them.
I’ve come on today and I had my internal exam today, when I’ve googled it, it does say certain times of the month the cervix can change so fingers crossed x