Recurrence with nodules on Lungs

Hello Ladies,

Looking to see if anyone has had recurrence of their cervical cancer on their lungs. I'm not sure if mine is considered recurrence, as I am only 5 months out of treament (25rad/5chemo/3brachy). At my 3 months scans they saw a 1cm thing on my MRI which they wanted to monitor, so they let the treament do its thing and at the scans this week the MRI showed my cervix and all pelvic region was clear. Then he sadly opened the Petscan results which showed 2 new nodules on my lungs.

I don't know much about the path forward but none of the information I find is positive, so turning to you all to see if you have any idea/advice on this topic. Treatment plan? (I believe chemo), and is it possible to cure from here?  And not sure if this is a silly question or not, but does this change my diagnosis from 2B to 4B as it has travelled to a distant part of the body?

I have my appointment with the oncologist on Thursday, but of course left with the mind ticking over so thought of asking.

Thanks for reading

Hi Maya,

I think I know you from glassy cell group. I would suggest you ask to join the advanced group here. There are lots who have had treatment for lung mets. Some have done very well. They can help you!

Karen x 

Hi. 

Sorry you are going through it at the moment. I did see a lady on here a couple of weeks ago post, I think her username is Anna Sparkles, who is 4 years in remission after having lung mets. Her post is a little further down on this page. 

I’m not sure how similar her case is to yours but it’s definitely encouraging! Maybe she can help, it might be worth reaching out to her. 

Alice xx

thank you I will. and hello again :)

I took a screenshot of her post and everytime I get bad thoughts I read that. Thanks for thinking of that :)