Recurrence Lung Mets

Hi,
I was originally diagnosed CC in August 2013 stage 2b. Treated with 4 out of my 5 cisplatin due to a reaction to the chemo. 28 radiotherapy & 3 brachytherapy. All clear until I developed a cough which didn’t go away. I begin coughing small amounts of blood. Visit to GP, chest X-ray, referal to respiratory clinic, ct scan, pet-ct scan, 3cm lesion on my lower left lung. I then had a lung biopsy to determine primary or secondary. I have now been told it is cervical cancer in my lung and have been referred back to my gyny for them to treat me and I am waiting for them to have their MDT and contact me. Surgery and chemo has been mention by the respiratory consultant but he said that was only his opinion and that the gyny doctors may have another plan in mind. Has anyone else been through similar as googling ( yes I know not a good idea) hasn’t been very reassuring.

Hi Kingy :-)

I am so, so sorry to read this. There are a couple of women on here who have had lung mets and at least one of them is now completely cancer free. Her name is Anna Sparkles and I am quite sure that if she doesn't spot this post herself she will be perfectly happy for you to contact her via private message. The other is Ashley Berry who is currently undergoing chemo for the same.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Really sorry to hear that you have to go through more treatment. Hope they will soon decide what is going to be the best course of action so that you can get on with it. Never give up hope. Wishing you all the best. X

Me!!  Me!!

It's a Bastard isn't it?!!!    You poor thing. It's such a shock when they tell you it's come back and you have some little floaters in your lung. Mine was in exactly the same place, lower left lung. Note the use of the word 'was'!  I had the carbo/taxol/Avastin combination chemo over 6 cycles and it did the job! 21 months now in clinical remission  (saw my Oncologist today in fact who said scan was still clear).  

The chemo was tough but I actually found the chemo radiation tougher so you've had that so will definitely cope with this. My hair fell out but 2 years down the line I have a shoulder length bob so it grows back quickly. 

First thing I did when finding out was to Google.  I just needed to find a survivor!  The odds are so bad that it messes with your head so I needed hope. I found a lady who is 7 years clear from lung mets. 7 years!! It is possible and you can do it! 

Feel free to message me honey if you want.

Much love

Anna

1 Like

Thanks Tivoli, hope you are well?!

Anna xx

Hello Kingy!

I'm in a similar situation! One year post treatment and the cancer recurred to a lymph node around my right lung. Urgh! I was totally devastated when it recurred. But now I'm emotionally better since starting treatment. Am undergoing taxol/carbo/avastin chemotherapy regime to kill them! Anna is truly inspirational!! So let's keep our spirits up! Feel free to message me if you would like to chat. :) God bless!

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment xxxxx my CNS has called me and they have decided I will have the lung resection first so I have been referred back to respiratory. I asked would I need any chemo after surgery and they won't know until after the surgery. I feel much better having a plan in action so I am just waiting to hear back from respiratory with an appointment to go and discuss the surgery. I will let you know what happens when I have more details. 

I am so glad to read your post. I was diagnosied with stage 2B cervical in 2016, did the radition and implants, as well as chemo. Then in December of 2017 found a spot in each lung on a PET scan, so started chemo in Feburary and have been on it ever since. I have just been devasted with the diagnosis and wanted to try to find someone who is a survivor to talk with, just to get some support. Have you found others who have had lung mets from cervical? would love to hear their stories as wel How are you doing now?