Recurrence bleeding?

Hello lovelies

Just needing to offload as it’s been a while. I have been very lucky from my original diagnosis of stage2b and I am nearly 3 years NED after chemorads and brachytherapy.

This weekend I started to bleed after sex again and had a few bladder issues (feeling like uti) after feeling a lot better after treatment and feeling healthy again.

I’m petrified that the bleeding after sex is sign of recurrence and now have to wait for an appointment with my oncologist after feeling like I’ve only just got my life back together.

Maybe I’m overthinking due to previous issues so just needed a rant as don’t want to worry my friends and family.

Any positive vibes appreciated.

4 Likes

As much as I’d love to give you complete reassurance it wouldn’t be fair. What I will say is that there’s a ton of reasons for bleeding such as scar tissue breaking down or a bit of trauma to a delicate area so please try not to spiral until you see your oncologist. I know that’s easier said than done though. On the flip side, worst case scenario it’s a recurrence then you’re going to get the treatment you need quickly.
I know it’s probably not much help but I wanted to say that you’re not alone and I’m rooting for you that everything works out ok xxx

3 Likes

Hi. There are alot of reason’s for this. I had a scare recently,went through all the emotion’s,turned out to be a polyp,was removed and bleeding stopped almost immediately. Really hope your problem is that easy,i know everybody is different. Good luck xxx

2 Likes

Thank you ladies. I have an appointment with my oncologist next week which I’m hoping will put my mind at ease :heart: xxx

1 Like

@chelle8822 hi lovely,

How did you get on? I am 2 years out and still have spotting here and there I always worry it to be recurrence and was told it could be scar tissues breaking up when having contact. It’s an ongoing issue for me and will have my follow up too this month. I also experienced the UTI alike symptoms which turned out to be cystitis and oddly enough disappeared after a few weeks. Given, I’ve drank loads of cranberry juice. Hope everything went well. just wanna send you some love please keep us posted. Xx

1 Like

Hi ladies,

Thank you for all the kind words and reassurances.

Had my appointment today and I’m off for another MRI. I had a pelvic examination and she couldn’t feel any growths but did see some redness on my cervix that she wants to get checked out.

I’m not overly concerned at the moment as she mentioned the MRI before the examination. Hopefully I should know more in the next 6 weeks.

Fingers and toes crossed xxx

2 Likes

@chelle8822 ,

Hello lovely, we are currently on the same boat. I have an MRI scheduled this coming Wednesday to investigate a spontaneous bleeding that came out of nowhere and stopped as soon as it started, but it was bright red bleed with tiny clots almost like a period if I didn’t know better.

Just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope we both get positive outcome and continue our lives from this. Sending you much love and positive vibes. Xx

1 Like

Same to you my lovely @May17 . Keep me updated how you get on.

I am waiting for my MRI appointment so I’ll let you know as soon as I hear xx

@chelle8822 ,

Just wanna update on here as I got the MRI results today. I’m in the US so I can see it on my chart online. No recurrent disease or metastatic disease is seen. Thank God. Won’t be able to discuss results until my appointment but for now I can breathe. Still have no idea as to what caused the bleeding it’s probably radiation side effects after 2 years.

I pray good results for you lovely, keep us posted. You’re in my prayers. Sending love and positive vibes your way. Xx

5 Likes

@May17

That’s great news so happy for you. :smiley: Hopefully it gets better over time and doesn’t cause you anymore issues.

I’m still awaiting an appointment for my MRI but trying not to think too much on it. Cancer already took too much from us all so I’m not allowing it to take my happiness :heart: xx

1 Like

Good news @May17
I’m so happy there’s no sign of reoccurrence,
Must have been scary for you 🩷
Every little thing is such a worry post treatment x

1 Like

Brillant news on the result. Hope you are able to get some help for the bleeding x

1 Like

Hello lovely @chelle8822 ,

Thinking about you and hope all is well. Did you get your MRI results yet? Sending you all the love. Xx