Pregnancy

Hi I’m wondering if there are any post trachelectomy ladies on here who have had a baby since there operation. I had my trachelectomy in 2019 and I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant. I’ve been going for regular scans but last few scans have been worrying as consultant can see some “funnelling” and now thinks it has reached my stitch which was put in after my surgery. I’m so worried and anxious my baby will come anytime now and at 24 weeks is a huge worry just wondering if anyone else has any success stories of prem birth after treatment x

Hi Ashley30, congratulations on your pregnancy. I had my daughter in 2016 after a Trachelectomy. This also happened to me, I had around 7 millimetres left… and I carried her until 32 weeks. I was just super careful towards the end and pretty much sat down with my feet up. My daughter was absolutely fine when she was born and is now a thriving 8 year old. Wishing you all the best. Xxx

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. Aww this so lovely to hear! I had another scan yesterday which seemed abit more positive and she’s happy things look stable for the time being I’m doing exactly the same taking things easy feet up and just taking each day as it comes I’m now 25 weeks so hoping I can keep her in there a little bit longer so lovely to hear your little one is happy healthy and thriving xxx