Pregnant after trachelectomy and need advice

Hey ladies!

I am hoping there are some of you out there who have gone on to have babies following trachelectomy surgery.  I am currently pregnant, its very early only around 11 weeks and I have already had several bleeds, so things are still nerve wracking.  My problem is that the consultants here, who are brilliant and lovely by the way, have little or no experience with pregnancy after total cervical removal.  They have seen ladies who have partial cervix left but mine is totally removed along with the surrounding tissue and the bottom part of my uterus.  

I would love some advice from women who have been through this process on what I should and shouldn't be doing throughout my pregnancy.  Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of making it to the section at 36 weeks?

I'd really love to hear from you if you're out there!

:-) Lou

Hi first of all I want to say congratulations om getting pregnant.  Fingers crossed it goes smoothly for u. I have desperately been looking for stories of ppl having children after having removal of the cervix. I also have had all my cervix removed. I already have a 3 year old son but would lile to try for another baby very soon. There doesn't seem to be allot of info out there and also I spoke 2 my consultant last week about trying for a baby. My consultant also said the same they dnt have much info on ppl having babys after the op and basically we r an experiment for them. Plz if u dnt mind keep me updated.  Would be nice to hear ur story as like I said theres not much out there. X

Hi there - just to let you know I'm trying to reply to your private message for some reason it's struggling to send - once my message system is working again will send my reply x

Thanks girls!  

I definitely get the feeling its a case of 'see what happens' from the medical staff. They have been so kind and are being cautious about my care.   While I was bleeding I was signed off work and told to rest as much as possible, that lasted for around 3 weeks but I am now back to work as normal.  I think its just the lack of knowledge about specific practical advice which is worrying me.  This will be my first baby so I have no experience with any of this.  

I am so thankful I managed to get pregnant in the first place.  We were trying for about 4 or 5 months which is no time really, considering we had been told it probably would require fertility treatment.  I'm a very lucky lady all round.  

Thanks for the replys xx