Post-treatment check up

Hi everyone. 2 weeks after my mom’s treatments ended (brachy was her last treatment), we went earlier for a check up which is part of the protocol.  When the doctor did an internal exam, she said she does not see any tumour anymore, and that there is an area where the tumour was that is still healing. 

After the IE, my mom told the doctor about a dull feeling she feels at her lower back and sometimes in her thighs after the 3rd and last brachytherapy. It sometimes has pain, but not so much. So the doctor told her to have an ultrasound just to be very sure. So we immediately had her ultrasound today. When the results came out, it was stated there that all other organs are unremarkable. However, on the cervix part, it was said that there is still an “irregular hypoechoic mass measuring 1.1 x 1.2 x 1.8cm at the inner half of the lower 2/3 of the anterior and posterior lip.” It also said consider tumour persistence. 

My questions are:

1. Can this be considered tumour persistence already? Or too early to tell given that she only finished her last brachy last March 25?

2. Can that be just a scar from the radiation? 

3. What could this be? Do you have any ideas?

i am extremely worried right now. very sad, down, and anxious :( 

anyone who will be able to read this, kindly share your experiences please. :(

Hi so this isn’t from personal experience as I had my tumour removed surgically but I’ve read a lot of women on here being told that radiotherapy keeps working for months after it’s finished. 

So it’s possible that it could still be some of the tumour left over but it doesn’t mean the radiotherapy is done getting rid of it yet. 

I hope the radiotherapy does get rid of your mums tumour and she can get back to living her life again. 

Alice xx