Post trachelectomy advice

Hi guys I had a radical trachelectomy on the 2nd of april so I’m nearly three weeks post op now, past few weeks I’ve had some mild groin pain and numbness which I understand can be normal, however past few days I’ve now noticed some swelling to my inner thighs, I’m jsut worrying could this be the start of Lymphoedema or could it just be general swelling after the operation. I’ve been doing my exercises given to me by support nurse to prevent Lymphoedema just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar. Thanks x

Hiya

I dont know the answer to your question, but I'm 6 weeks post radical hysterectomy and I think i have slight swelling to my thighs, but i'm finding it hard to figure out if its my imagination or not as I never really paid this much attention to my thighs before the op! The bit that looks swollen is the inner thigh, particularly on the left thigh (which is more numb). I'm hoping this is just normal recovery?

xx

Hi thanks for your reply. I’m exactly the same I don’t know if it’s my mind playing tricks on me or not I’ve still got some dull aching but I’m only 3 weeks post op so I’m assuming that’s normal but not sure. I’ve got my results on Wednesday so going to ask all relevant questions then. Mine is exactly the same my inner left thigh slightly numb. Hope you are recovering well x

Good luck with your results on Wednesday. Im recovering well. Feel pretty much back to normal except the numbness and my bladder is a bit stubborn! 

xx