Post surgery pins and needles

Hi,

I had a radical vaginal trachellectomy and lymphnode dissectomy done robotically via keyhole a week ago today and i dont know whether to be concerned that im experiencing numbness/a pins and needles sensation at the top of my right thigh? Did anybody else have this post surgery or should i be looking to call somebody? 

Hi chloelouise I don't really know why this happens other than I was told nerve irritation but I would say nearly everyone gets it. I am 1 week away from my hysterectomy anniversary and I just noticed last month that my thigh feels normal haha. Good luck with your recovery x

I had laparotomy radical trachelectomy and bilateral pelvic lymphadenectomy 18th June. They explained after that they operate so close to the nerves that the skin around my thighs may be numb for months after surgery, and after reading posts on Facebook support groups it may take years or never fully come back. Under my belly button, all my scar and most of my thighs are completely numb but I get Meralgia paraesthetica in my thighs if I stand up for too long very occasionally! Other than that and not feeling the water on my thighs in the shower it doesn’t affect me at all! 

Hiya

I still have a numb patch at the top of my left thigh and i'm 6 months post surgery. I was really worried that it would bother me if it didnt go away but I hardly notice it now. I have to poke it occasionally to check it is still numb lol

xx