Post LLETZ side affects - I feel awful!

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is doing ok today!

I had cancer cells removed using the LLETZ procedure around 10 days ago now and I haven’t stopped bleeding, I feel completely exhausted, get waves of nausea and my lower back hurts. I tried getting advice from my GP but they just said it was my body healing. Is this normal? You really don’t get prepared for the after affects at all and I wasn’t sure where else to go for advice (I can’t get through to the hospital who did my procedure either sadly)

So was just wondering if anyone experienced the same and if so, is it all part and parcel of the procedure? And any advice would be super appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks everyone!

Sending lots of love to you all :sparkling_heart:

Hi Amy27. I am now 2 weeks post LLETZ and what you have said sounds exactly the same as me. I had bleeding on and off (still am now) and on and off nausea (this went around day 10). I was also quite light headed for a while if I stood for more than 15 mins and was and still am incredibly tired even with a full night’s sleep. My monthly period is also now currently 6 days late :roll_eyes: my gyn nurses has been great and I have had a direct number for her and have been assured this is all part of the healing process. Take time to rest and recoup.

Hey Gemma,

Thank you so much for writing, that’s really put my mind at ease to know it’s normal! I hope your recovery goes well :relaxed: take care and rest up x

Yeah I’m 12 days post lletz, it’s soo emotionally draining too. I thought I’d only have staining for a few days max a week, I was sooo tired the first week. Now bloody discharge, better than the watery 1st week.
But since yesterday my tail bone is sooo sore it’s not exercise related, I read on here somewhere someone else had the same, I’ve just put on antiseptic cream but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything
:crossed_fingers:I start feeling like myself again

Hi all, I’ve just joined as Google is giving me nothing. I’m 2 weeks post LLETZ and haven’t really had much bleeding although I’ve just finished a course of anti biotics for infection. Last night I stood up and bled through my sanitary towel. When I went to the toilet I passed a fair few clots and now I’m obviously panicking, I am due my period so just wondering If this is normal? Thank you for reading xx

Hey Gmur!

I hope you’re starting to feel a bit better!

That’s so weird you say about your tail bone because I’ve been in so much discomfort with mine the last 4 days or so, it’s so uncomfortable l, almost like it needs popping! I wonder why that happens!

I hope you’re resting up ok xx

1 Like

Hi Amy thanks feeling much better, was due my period, had alot of blood clots at the weekend not sure if it’s to be like normal, but now I’ve noticed my pee is red.
So strange they don’t tell you any of this, I was told to wear a pad for a few days :joy: 3rd week later… I have thought a few times its coming to an end then it continues again
Hope your doing well xx