Had my LLETZ on Monday

Had my LLETZ under GA on Monday afternoon and thankfully was well enough to leave hospital late that evening (11pm). A little sore, crampy and feel absolutely exhausted and a little nauseous on and off. No bleeding yet but lots of watery discharge. Thought it would bleed quite a bit - is it normal for it not to? Now begins the agonising wait for results which my consultant said would be 2 - 3 weeks.

Hi Gemma,

Feel free to take a read of my original post “what were your waiting times”. There’s a diary of my experience after LLETZ and many other members popping in details about their own experiences too. I think if you click on my name you should see the link on my profile lovely.

It’s very normal not to bleed right away x

Hi Gemma. I had my LLETZ the day after you. Just wanted to check in and see how you were getting on?

Hi Dan_Lou. Very tired and crampy still. Had a fair bit of bleeding for a couple of days but that seems to have tailed off again for now and just back to watery discharge. Feeling a bit fed up and anxious about waiting for my results. Just trying to rest and recover. How are you doing?

I’m glad the bleeding has stopped for you. I had cramp pains in my legs and back until yesterday where it’s changed to stabbing cramp pains in my stomach. Like you I’m anxious for the results. Feel like I’ve totally changed as a person through this whole thing as I’m generally quite laid back but I’ve really struggled.

Haven’t had much bleeding myself just strange coloured discharge.

It’s nice to have this forum to speak to people going through the exact same thing!