Post LLETZ recovery

Hi all,

I hope you’re all ok.

I had LLETZ treatment with LA last Thursday for CIN3 and it all went to plan. The worst part was the anaesthetic injections but after that I was fine, just mild discomfort and the unpleasant ‘burning’ smell.

I haven’t had any bleeding yet just the watery brown discharge, coffee grounds and different odour (sorry if tmi) it’s not a concerning smell just different :S.

I’ve been feeling very tired but am still struggling to sleep. I went for a walk on Sunday with the family, not very far but it completely took the stuffing out of me.

I have been experiencing a painful, ache in my right leg from my groin down to my knee. I’ve also been getting dizzy spells which don’t last very long but they completely disorientate me.

Have any of you experienced this? Is this ‘normal’?

Lexy x

Finally someone that has had some sort of groin pain!! I thought I was going mad. My groin had been uncomfortable not so much a huge pain just a little discomfort almost like a strain that created a punching sensation at the top of my left leg.

i also phoned the colposcopy unit as I was so so tired. I had to keep taking naps (luckily I was on summer holidays so off work) but i was so exhausted. So maybe not normal as such but I have definitely experienced these with recovering from lletz. I am 5 weeks down and still awaiting results. it doesn't get any easier!

best of luck x

Hi,

thanks for commenting!

im thinking it maybe from the stirups and having my legs in the awkward position for a while during the procedure?? 

Its really uncomfortable though.

Hope you get some news soon xxx

I did go to the doctors about it and he said that is what he thought it was too. 

Also - it disappeared a couple of weeks after biopsy and returned pretty much straight after lletz so I'm hoping / assuming it is that. 

This is the hardest and longest wait. :/

Hi Zoe,

How are you feeling? Have you had any news yet?

I'm exactly a week from having the LLETZ and have just started to bleed (quite heavily) and the period like pain has returned.

I saw my GP yesterday and she gave me something to help me sleep - it worked and I had the best night sleep last night in what seems like forever!

Thinking of you,

Lex x

Hi your first post is exactly how I am feeling now I had my lletz on Thursday, how do you feel now? when did you return back to work? I'm so lethargic and aching so badly in my pelvic area.

any help would be so great!

hi lixie!

just wondering if you got your results back from the leep procedure?? I just scheduled my leep procedure for 2 weeks from today and totally freaking out as I was told I had CIN3 today also from my colposcopy biopsy.