Panicking

Hi Ladies,
I’ve been in an absolute panic for the past 3 hours.
I am feeling aches and pains all over my back, shoulders and stomach and something that feels like indigestion/heartburn.
Is this a result of tension and worry or am I showing signs of lung cancer and kidney cancer which in convinced I have too.
I was only diagnosed on Tuesday and already I am struggling.
Looking for some reassurance that others have wound themselves up to the point of making themselves ill.
Sorry for the drama x x

When I went in for my pet scan I was convinced the cancer had spread to my neck and shoulders. I felt so sick, and thought I would die really soon.

my pet scan showed the cancer confined to my cervix and no lymph nodes or metastases. It was all in my mind. 

Isobel , so sorry u are going through this. The waiting is most definitely one of the worst parts and your body definitely feels the stress. I'm sure it's more than likely just stress. My shoulders get so tight it hurts when I stress.i know it's hard but try to relax, pretty soon you'll know your details and they will start a treatment plan to get rid of this.

Hey lovely,

the waiting was horrendous and I was convinced it had spread everywhere, even now post treatment I have a tough time controlling my mind. I’m sure a lot of it is stress and psychological and will ease once your MRI results are back. Tryto stay positive easier said than done I know. 

Much love sweetheart xx 

Hello Isobel :-)

Just adding my voice to those above saying that this is a very normal reaction to a cancer diagnosis. It may be the first time your body has terrifed you like this but I can bet it won't be the last. Bookmark this thread so you can use it to reassure yourself in future; to remind you just how unwell you felt at this moment.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli