No info on letter

Hello. I’m new to this forum but am finding it very helpful. I received a letter this week showing an abnormal result at my last smear (12 days before letter) that needs further investigation at a colposcopy clinic. It doesn’t offer any further information about hpv and diskaryosis or how serious the changes are. Is this normal? As a lot of posts seem to have this info in their initial letter. I had borderline changes at my smear previous to this one (17 months ago) and have had in the past but they always cleared themselves. My appointment is in 2 weeks which seems pretty quick. I’m worried but trying to keep calm.

Hi 

My letter only said abnormalities and not what level so I think it seems to vary. They may be able to give you an indication at the appointment of what level they think it may be. I was told mine was severe changes. I also had an appointment within 2 weeks so I think this seems fairly normal. 

Hi i had a smear in feb with abnormal results then again in october i got a letter saying there was abnormal chanhes and had to be investigated further and that id recieve a letter for the colposcopy clinic within 8 weeks....2 days after i got my results through from my smear i got my appointment for the colposcopy clinic which is tomorrow so 9 days after i got my results ive to go and be checked....with how quick they want to see me is making me worried. 

I had the same and at my colposcopy appointment the dr said its for patien confidentialit, incase anyone opend your post who shouldn't also my dr said he likes to leave the cin grade off because a lot of people just panic and it's better for him to explain in a sensible way that won't make people feel like there doomed. He did say it's because you post the results and the first thing people do is google it and scare themselves silly. Hope this helps. X

Oh I see. Thank you for replying I've only just realised my post was actually published. Seems it's pretty standard then. Hope yours went ok Laura. I just cant wait for Monday to be over with, trying not to worry but it's extremely difficult. 

Oh I see. Thank you for replying I've only just realised my post was actually published. Seems it's pretty standard then. Hope yours went ok Laura. I just cant wait for Monday to be over with, trying not to worry but it's extremely difficult.