no diagnosis yet but just need some advice please

Hi,

I was hesitant to post as I feel like a fraud as I haven’t been diagnosed with cc but I am looking for some advice.

I am 23 years old and recently had to pay for a private smear due to my GP telling me I am not entitled to a smear test.

I had been having abnormal bleeding between periods but not after inter course.

I had some STD checks which then later confirmed I had chlymidia. That was treated and my periods went back to normal cycle for two months, then last month I had 2 periods again.

I also had an ultrasound which came back normal so I finally plucked the courage up and my smear. Whilst having my smear done the doctor noticed I had cervical erosion and told me that this is common and was nothing to worry about.

My smear test results came back today and they came back normal.
So I’m very confused.

I just don’t know what to do next- I thought I would feel better and reassured but instead now I am thinking what if they have missed it? Is it all in my head?

I have another appoint this coming Monday with GP to discuss what’s next.

Has anyone had any similar situation? I am worried sick and have been the last few months and it’s getting to the point now where it’s making me not sleep ect.

Could this be due to my cervical erosion or?

Thanks

Ashlea xx

Hi Ashlea,

I thought I'd reply as I see you are yet to receive a response. 

Well done for paying privately, although it is such a shame your GP would not refer you for a smear. 

I am also 23, and expeienced some minor bleeding post sex - I went to my GP for an internal exam who suspected I also had a cervical ectrropian.

I was then referred for a Colposcopy, where LLETZ treatment was performed. 

I would suggest you ask your GP to be referred for a colposcopy, where a biopsy can be taken, so you know for sure what you are dealing with.  

If you do have a cervical ectropian, this means that cells from the womb have grown out onto the cervix, and are harmless. There is a proceedure available where the ectropian will be frozen to stop it bleeding, and causing you any bother. 

Good Luck!

Camilla x