Newly Diagnosed with CIN 2

Hi I am new to this forum I am 43, first abnormal smear in August borderline changes and HPV. I had a colposcopy and biopsy taken the results have come back as CIN2 and I am booked in for Loop excision. Has anyone waited for a few months before having treatment to see if the smear result changes.

Hi Anna :-) 

I also have CIN 2 but I am 22. I was scheduled last month to have the treatment but when I went to the appointment they told me they would like to do a  "watch and wait approach" to see if it maybe goes away on it's own. I got an appointment through the other day for 6 months time to go back, I hope that it doesn't get worse in that time. they told me if I was older and had kids then they would have done the treatment there and then. Sorry I can't be much help to you but it maybe is best to get it done unless you feel otherwise :-) x

Hi Elle

Thank you for you reply and I hope all goes well for you. I am considering the watch and wait even at my ancient age (43)as the run up to my abnormal smear was an extremely stressful time for me I was under imense pressure at work and was signed off due to work related stress as well as going through a relationship breakdown. I am in a much better place now new job new BF and I feel so much happier . I am due to see the specilaist in 2.5 weeks and will discuss it all with her.

You take care and I know its a lot easier said than done not to worry xx

Sorry to hear that you have had such a stressful time :-( I am also having a bad time at work right now and I think it's time I do my CV again and start looking for a new job, it's getting me down at the minute sometimes. I am glad to hear you are in a better place with the new changes in your life and hope all is going well for you :-) change is a scary thing but sometimes it works out for the better. Yeah it would be a good idea to discuss your concerns and ask questions at your upcoming appointment, i hope you get the info you are looking for to help you make your decision! 

Thank you and you take care too xxx