New on here

Hi,

I am new on here and would quite like some people to chat to who have similar experiences. I went for my second smear in June and the results came back with mild dyskaryosis and HPV+. I went for a colposcopy and had two biopsies taken and 4 weeks later got the results saying I have abnormal changes (CIN 3) and require loop treatment. The treatment is booked for 4 weeks time, however I am on holiday then. I have asked my nurse if they feel it is better to have it two weeks later when i am back from holiday or I need it before and she said she is happy to wait until I am back. However I am now worried that by waiting a further two weeks, I may experience even more severe changes. I might be over reacting, but quite upset and emotional about the news.

Has anyone else had to change their appointment?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alexandra,

Dont worry, It takes years for CIN 3 cells to develop into cancer and not all CIN 3 cells will progress to cancer. Its something like 40% than will go onto be cancerous. 

So a 2 week wait will not be a problem. The nurse wouldn't have agreed to postpone the treatment if she thought it was that severe it would change quickly.

Thank you for replying. Just guess I am scared about what else they could find and the repeat smear following the treatment. Just need to try and stay srong and positive!