Newly diagnosed CIN II 24 y/o

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to share my story because I've been reading everyone else's on here lately and I'm glad I have found a community of women who all share similar experiences to mine. 

I am 24, healthy and have one child. I've never had any health issues or concerns. I did start noticing some spotting after intercourse so I made an appointment to have a pap done because I was due. I had this done in March and ~3weeks later I recieved my results by phone. The case manager said my results were abnormal and "deeper" which is a cause for concern. She stated I needed a colposcopy done asap. One week later I had a colposcopy done with 3 biopsies (cervical, endocervical and endometrial) done and endocervical curettings also performed. The endometrial biopsy was the most painful part for me and left me in tears. 9 days later I recieved my results and it was what I had already been expecting. I have moderate dysplasia CIN II. I will have a cone biopsy with GA performed sometime in the next 6 weeks. 

Im not sure how to feel about this. Part of me is upset and the other part feels that I should feel appreciative and grateful it has not developed into cancer yet. How did you deal with this if you are/were in this situation? Any advice helps! Thank you! 

So sorry you are going through this- I am afraid  I cannot offer you much advice.  I am not surprised you are upset, you have had all the uncertainty to deal with, invasive procedures to contend with and some news which you cannot welcome and has probably left you in shock, even though you were expecting it.  Try to take care of yourself over the coming weeks.  Is it possible for you to see a GP whom you know and trust so you can talk things over in more detail?

Take care, Lovely.

So sorry you are going through this- I am afraid  I cannot offer you much advice.  I am not surprised you are upset, you have had all the uncertainty to deal with, invasive procedures to contend with and some news which you cannot welcome and has probably left you in shock, even though you were expecting it.  Try to take care of yourself over the coming weeks.  Is it possible for you to see a GP whom you know and trust so you can talk things over in more detail?

Take care, Lovely.