Newly diagnosed and totally fed up :(

So sorry, LCM7; Stage 3 is definitely conquerable and it’s good news that the bladder and bowel are not involved. The PET scan is an easy one compared to the MRi; it’s just the dye you have in 1hour before and you have to lay completely still for a hour for it to diffuse (muscle movement causes uptake and they only want cancer cells lighting up). It will finally conclude if there are any lymph nodes involved. I was 3C2; it had reached para-aortic nodes. Recently had my one year post treatment scan, and getting the results on Tuesday. Three months after treatment it was NED, and hoping it stays that way. You can get this. X

6 Likes

I just wanted to say I am sending good thoughts your way @LCM7 - it isn’t easy to hear the staging, especially when you have been on such a long journey so far and have been feeling unwell. I empathize with your experience and have great hope you will respond well to treatment at your stage - as many of us have.

@Jacks133 - I am sending you my best thoughts as you get the results of your scan soon. You give a lot of hope, understanding and sound advice which I really appreciate.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Jacks133 and @Dar8 :heart:.

I haven’t been able to catch up on here because I’ve been ready to explode the past couple days!! My oncology appointment was cancelled and delayed a week/ until next Tuesday. This whole process has just been terrible and so frustrating.

@Jacks133 I hope you got the best news from your scan :crossed_fingers: x

How frustrating, LCM7! Yes, I got my appointment - they were 2 hours late phoning but they didn’t cancel, like they did with you - and it was all clear! A small area of ‘mild diffusion’ which they thought was post-treatment effects had also cleared up. So I am mightily relieved, and hope you ladies get your appointments soon!

5 Likes

Aww that has honestly put a smile on my face tonight I’m so pleased for you @Jacks133 and that’s exactly the news you deserve :heart: x

2 Likes

Brilliant news @Jacks133 X

1 Like

Hi LCM7,

How is your treatment going? It sounds like you’ve had a hell of a time. It’s so frustrating when doctors don’t respond… it doesn’t make putting our lives in their hands very comforting! I start treatment in 3 days, and am anxious and eager to get it this cancer far, far away from me. The entire diagnosis really is earth shattering! I hope you’re hanging in there and kicking a** with your treatment!