New diagnosis 1a1

Hi all.
I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Firstly I was told it was 1b1 adenocarcinoma, after CT I was told this has been downgraded to 1a1.
A referral to a Cancer Hospital was done and I was told they would discuss me in MDT then contact me. I waited all day Friday but had no phone call, when I tried to contact them nobody answered the phone. (Probably as Friday before christmas)
Now i am anxiously waiting over christmas to hear what the outcome of MDT is :frowning: and what the next steps are

Hi, sorry that you are going through this. I was in a similar position this time last year, having been diagnosed with 1a1 adenocarcinoma after 2 LLETZ procedures (the first didn’t have clear margins, they thought they had probably removed all the cancerous cells with the second). I was offered a simple hysterectomy performed laparoscopically. I was also given the option of no further treatment but yearly smears and colposcopy. I had completed my family so opted for the hysterectomy which I had in February this year. It’s been a bit of a journey (I also had my ovaries removed so surgical menopause has been interesting!). I would say though that I have felt back to my usual self from summer time- I had 8 weeks off work post surgery and tooa while longer to recover from the tiredness.
The bit you are doing now is the hardest though- the waiting and uncertainty is awful. Hopefully you will soon have clarity and a treatment plan. Happy to answer any questions xx

I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis, hope you don’t have to wait to long to know the next steps

I have recently been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma, I have been offered a hysterectomy but I’m waiting further biopsy results to determine the type of hysterectomy I’ll need. The waiting has been awful :disappointed:

Hope your doing ok x

Hello.
I got a call today to inform me that my next step will be a cone biopsy.
They did not speak about a hysterectomy, which I am glad about but also part of me would prefer to know it has all been removed in one operation

That’s good they have finally contacted you, they could still offer you a hysterectomy after your cone biopsy.
Like you I’m not keen on Hysterectomy, but want to make sure if gone especially with it being adenocarcinoma. All the waiting for results and plans feels like forever doesn’t it :frowning:

Hi all. Had my second cone biopsy under GA,
(Stage 1a1 adenocarcinoma) they called me and said clear margins but consultant wants to see me in 3 months to examine me and discuss ongoing management, the nurse mentioned about further operations due to me having adenocarcinoma.
I presume she means discussing a hysterectomy?

@Katie58 That’s good news you have clear margins, and that they’ll keep monitoring you. Hopefully you’ll know more at your next appointment regarding hysterectomy?

I had my hysterectomy 2 weeks ago with two pelvis lymph nodes removed - was staged at 1a2 from my last biopsy, but now awaiting the results from hysterectomy biopsy’s to see if I need any further treatment - so much waiting for results :frowning:

How did the hysterectomy go? What is the recovery like?

I have read others on here had clear margins after cone biopsy but they still recommend a hysterectomy

The operation went well , recovery has been slow - had an infection so that wasn’t helpful. Trying to rest and not over do it, as it tends to really put you back.

I think with adenocarcinoma they do like to do hysterectomy as it’s hard to manage x

I feel your pain with having to wait and wait for results!
How long do they say the recovery will be post surgery for you then?

They’ve said 6-8wks, I’m so bad at resting but want to get back to feeling normal! :frowning: