My symptoms

Hi, I’m new to this site. Don’t have a diagnosis of CC, waiting for colposcopy appointment, but the clinic is closed due to Covid so not sure when I will be seen.

I was referred to unit after telephone consultation with my Nurse Practitioner a few weeks ago, she thought my symptoms sounded serious.

My periods are heavier, I sometimes bleed after sex. Have days of bleeding in between periods. Often throughout the month I have a brown foul smelling discharge and also a light pink watery discharge. These symptoms have been present for the last two years, I’ve thought it was menopausal as I’m 48years old. Over the last few months I’ve started to suffer from a stabbing pain in my pelvic area and a cramp feeling even when I’m not bleeding. Lately I’ve had the odd sharp stabbing sensation in my vagina. I have thigh and lower back pain. Always bloated, often tired and sometimes dizzy, especially when I stand up.

26 years ago I was referred to colposcopy unit to have the abnormal cells burnt away from

cervix following a smear. 

I was seen at my health practice this week to have bloods taken and I need to do a stool sample. She wants to rule out IBS and any bowel disease. 

I think the only symptom that has me thinking it could more likely be CC is the brown and pink discharge. But with no answers yet, and the colposcopy clinic closed, it’s just a waiting game.

It’s been a comfort reading a lot of your stories, wishing all you ladies the best! X

Hey.

I would probably imagine maybe menopause but wouldn't want to definitely say yes. You get a lot of changes when going through that I know my mum did. Have you tried asking ask the expert on here?

They may be able to help with questions until you get your appointment. This years not been great regarding getting into Gp's etc.. Hang in there I'm sure they won't be long until you can get seen.

xx

Hi 

It might be worth giving the colposcopy clinic a ring. Most colposcopy clinics are back up and running again and are working through a backlog of appointments but if you are concerned about ongoing symptoms they may be able to fit you in earlier rather than later if they get a cancellation. Or you could try calling your GP to see if they could contact the colposcopy clinic on your behalf.

All the best

A x

Thank you for your response, much appreciated. Xx

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it and wishing you the best too xx