MRI, Pet, and treatment Update

Ok so I was officially diagnosed on July 5th with cc, suspected endocervical adenocarcinoma in situ as per the biopsy. When I met with the oncologist and was clinically staged I was staged at around a 1B2, with a 5-6 cm tumor growing posterior. I have finally had all of my scans come back. The MRI showed no further findings, no enlarged lymph nodes thank goodness. I haven’t been given a detailed report on the PET yet, have only been told it was good. So good is good, Ill take that. I will find out more Wednesday when I go back to radiation for my simulation. I should be starting chemoradiation by next week. They have told me roughly 5-6 weeks of chemoradiation, and then of course the internal radiations. I haven’t been given a number on those, just have been told anywhere from 3-8 sessions. I am starting to come around and come out of the doom and gloom. I did finally complain about all of the pain and the anxiety so I think theyre going to give me something for that. I have had a time with the pelvic and leg pain and also the bleeding is annoying :frowning: I also didn’t realize that after chemoradiation I will most likely go into full blown menopause? Im 32! Can anyone else weigh in on that? Thanks for reading everyone!

Well that sounds like good news!  Yay!  Early stage and nothing crappy on the scans - yesss!

The treatment plan sounds like pretty much the norm on here, so you'll have tons of women to give you advice and answer your questions. Are you relieved to be starting treatment? Sometimes it's easier when you get going.

Keep us posted,

love t x

You sound really positive which is fantastic.  My tumour was just under 7cm. Thankfully my treatment was very kind to me and the internal radiotherapy was not at all scary as we think it's going to be. 

My menopause isn't too bad at all - hot flushes and weight gain but I can cope with that! 

Hope all goes well x keep us informed x 

Hi

it's crazy, just when you get your head around one thing then you realize another, I will also be going through menopause soon enough. 

im trying to stay focused on one thing at a time so that I am not too overwhelmed. 

so far my treatment has been going really well but it is early days so fingers crossed. 

Do make sure you speak to your dr/nurse again if you are in pain. There is no reason you should have to be. It is so much harder to stay positive and strong when anything hurts. 

I hope things go well for you and that treatment will give you some comfort in knowing you are doing something to move forward. 

Good luck

Hiya :-)

It's good to see that now you have a treatment plan in place you are more able to focus. You may find that you are allowed HRT to cope with menopause, some of us are allowed it and some not, it depends I believe on the specific type of cancer you have.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli