Modification in Treatment Plan

Met with the radiologist that will be doing my brachys today. Next week Thursday or Friday I will have completed all 25 of my external radiations. Theyre wanting to get started with my brachys the very next week. As of this moment, I am to have 5 of those, going twice a week for two weeks and then once on the third week. Well next Tuesday I will have had my 4th chemo. I was scheduled for 6, but the new radiologist wants the chemo dr to cancel the last 2, and just stick with 4 doses so that we can get started on the brachy. Has anyone ever had this happen? I mean if 4 chemo doses were as effective as 6, why would she give me 6? I asked him if this would change my outcome or curability rate at all, he said no. Idk its just all so confusing. But on a good note, if next week is my last chemo, see ya later and good riddance! But bleh, I hate when plans change. I’m also terrified of the brachy, not going to lie. Ill be hitting the forums up tonight reading on others experiences. So its looking like my treatment plan is 25 rads, 4 cistplatins, and 5 brachys. Although, brachy dr did say he was going to speak with my other radiologist and talk about some possible extra external radiations to some different areas just for good measure. They just have me all confused!

Hi 

I totally agree with you that when they make changes its very difficult to understand. They added some extra boosts  of external beam radiation to my treatment and I was so upset because I thought I was done.

Although they do things for our benifits it just takes time to wrap your head around it. I did learn from that experience that when they can complete the whole treatment from start to finish in under 56 days it lessons the recurrence rates substantially

also, the brachy isn't that bad. I actually fall asleep through most of it. The meds are great and the nurses are awesome.  I go today for # 3. 

good luck

xxx