Loop excision

Hello lovely ladies ! I’m all new to this and a little apprehensive! But here goes! In February this year I had the laser treatment due to a grade CIN3 abnormal cells, wentbacn for my check up smear in August and they came back abnormal! Worst thing I have ever been through! I just assumed that having the bad cells lasered away meant I was going to be ok! So 2 1/2 weeks ago (oct 6th) I went to the hospital to discuss what would happen next, me expecting just a laser again, but instead i had a loop excision! I cried the whole way through! Such a horrible experience when I wasn’t expecting to go through all that!!
So still awaiting my results and very very worried if try come back bad, what will happen next?!
You are all a massive inspiration ! Thankyou for reading my story
Becky xxx

Hi Becky,

Sorry you had to go through another procedure and without warning. Sometimes it's the fact that things just happen unexpectedly which causes us stress rather than the procedure itself. Hopefully, this will be an end to it and they will manage to remove the rogue cells once and for all. Stay positive and try not to go down the road of thinking the worst. Loads of women go through this procedure and the results come back as successful treatment. im sure you are kept busy with your two lovely children. All the best.

Hi.  I'd a loop and Lletz with a top hat.  I too found it awful.  Hope you are doing OK.  I didn't get my results for a long time.  I didn't worry too much during the wait.  Chat here with women in the same boat

Hi becky,

I had my lletz 3 week and 1 day ago and have been a absolute mess while waiting for my results but I got my letter today all abnormalities successfuly removed. I was convinced it would be bad news. I think it's so hard waiting but I was told the lletz is over 90% effective. I was also told 4-6 weeks wait for my results an because they were early I was in bits when I saw the letter when I got home, try not to worry I know it's so hard but a 90% success rate is really goo it kept me going while waitin, and the ladies on here. X