LLETZ

I have to go in for a LLETZ treatment in early March I havent had one since 10 years ago a few questions as I cant remember from the last time. 1. The leaflet said if I am going on holiday after to let them know I was going a week after so I changed my appt why does lletz affect holiday my appt is on 23rd March and now I am worried cos I have a long haul 19th May will I be able to fly then? 2. Exercise I do weights, zumba and floor exercises am I banned from all them for weeks after is there any safe exercises I can do that wont damage the cervix. I need to loose weight and want to continue doing some exercise but I dont know what I can do after. Love to hear from other people who had LLETZ

Hi Fran :)

I've had two LLETZ treatments recently. I haven't had a holiday after the LLETZs but I did go on holiday a few days after my biopsies which they said I was fine to do. I'm sure you'll be fine to go on holiday almost two months after your LLETZ as they usually say it takes up to 4 weeks to heal. You may get an infection after the LLETZ and have to have antibiotics to clear it up but I'm sure if you do get an infection and take the tablets, the infection will be gone weeks before your holiday.

In relation to exercise, I was advised to leave all exercise for 4 weeks after the LLETZ so I didn't do any other than normal walking but I'm sure you can give light exercise a try and see how you get on.

Good luck with your treatment.

x

They are probably mentioning holidays as you are not allowed baths or swimming for 2 weeks after the procedure (thats what my post care leaflet I was given says)

Thanks I have it the 23rd March my short 7 day holiday is 14th and I was initially in for 3rd half of me wants to get the kprocedure over beforehand as I think my cells might get worse in the space of 3 weeks and the fact it's just a trip to London no swimming involved.  But, then I did check more posts about LLETZ and holidays and even if you are not swimming there are other things to be mindful off lots of walking and lifting luggage so even though I will be in my relations I dont want to damage myself and would prefer the heavy bleeding and cramping at home than away.  I was close to changing the date back to 3rd but I do want to be ok on hols and not be constantly worrying that I might damage the cervix so good to see all the other posts make me change my mind.