LLETZ Treatment delays?

Hey there

I had my first colposcopy (4 weeks ago this coming Friday) I opted for LLETZ under GA and was told to expect 3-4 weeks for a hospital appointment for the treatment. I’ve not had any communication since the colposcopy and assume I will get a letter about an appointment probably with short notice.

I understand Covid is causing problems for the NHS at the moment, wondering if anyone else is waiting for LLETZ under GA?

I feel bad for pestering them if I do ring around but potentially silly for not chasing up if it turns out I do have cells that need removing fast :neutral_face: I’ll get onto them once 4 weeks has passed but just wondered if others are experiencing them same :slight_smile:

I’m not waiting for under GA however I would give them a chase just in case of postal delays etc. they don’t usually mess around with this kind of thing. Hope all goes well

1 Like

Just an update, I gave them a call and there is a big backlog (this is east sussex) there’s only one consultant working at the moment, the person said maybe December…but seemed unsure that was possible either…fingers crossed its just abnormal cells I guess