LLETZ questions confusion

Hey all!

I am so confused and like just don’t know what to expect.

I was told I had CIN2 and needed LLETZ treatment which was carried out on Wednesday 26th Jan. the treatment it’s self was fine and the doctor was so professional and really calmed my anxiety about it all but he couldn’t tell me about what to expect after.

He said I should have some heavy bleeding for the next ten days and that may be more specially if I am due on.

So just for back ground info I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 years old (now 25) came off the pill when I was 17 (on it from the age of 14) and since 17 my periods have been very irregular until about two years ago I changed my diet as I was diagnosed with a gluten allergy. I had a baby 7 months ago and since having her have only had 3 periods - extremely heavy and painful to the point I’m unable to move.

• my doctor or consultant told me I’d bleed heavy for ten days following and my period should be heavier than normal.

Well it’s been over 24 hours and I have had nothing?? No blood?? Just normal discharge as if nothing happened?? When I had the biopsy I bled for 2 weeks straight it wasn’t a lot but was much like a light period and I’ve not had a period since then. I’ve read everywhere that bleeding after LLETZ is expected and is normal and I’m well aware everyone is different but I am sooo worried my body is all over the place.

TMI- but I saw the part of my cervix floating around in the jar after he did because I was curious and it looked like a lot.

Is it normal to not bleed?? Should I be worried about my period coming?? I don’t know what I should and shouldn’t be doing? Can I carry on as normal and loft things and work or not?? I had my daughter via c section and my scar seems to be very sore the last few days I’m not sure if it’s where I’ve been like tensing or something a lot and worrying???
I don’t know if I’m over reacting because of everything and stressing my self out.

Reassurance please :pray: x

1 Like

Hi,

Don’t forget that LLETZ cauterises the cervix as it removes the abnormal cells, so it may not bleed. Regardless, take it easy for a few days as you’ve still had treatment on your cervix, and follow any advice from the Colposcopist (no sex, swimming, tampons etc).

2 Likes

Hey I just had my second treatment this week and I was told you might have bleeding. I must admit both times I haven’t had much much at all either. More just discharge rather than blood. I wouldn’t worry about that at all.

I had a LLETZ just before Christmas, and had two areas of concern removed. I didn’t have any bleeding at all as a result of the procedure, although I did go on to develop an infection which resulted in a major bleed as my body dumped all the infected matter.

I am menopausal and put the temperature down to hot flushes and not infection. A week of antibiotics and it cleared up no problem.

Remember that LLETZ cauterises the area of treatment so a bleed isn’t necessarily going to happen

1 Like

Hey!

I have now started to bleed very heavy for the last two days. I’ve had period like pains and passing clots probably 2/3mm. I’m not sure if it is a period or LLETZ bleeding related I’m very confused. My body feels so out of sync since having a baby and now I can’t figure it out. Xx

1 Like

Your next period will be better than this one. Slowly things will come to normal.
Hugs,
N