LEEP procedure

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I hope it helps me out with my worries.  I had a colposcopy done and they found precancerous cells. So now I'm going to be having a procedure done called "Leep" has anyone ever had it done? I'm terrified of the needles that I'm going to be getting for local anesthesia.  I want to know how it went or how it felt.  I know that I will get anxiety before the procedure, I just want to go to sleep and wake up like nothing happened.  Please help!!! 

I too am scared of needles and was very worried before my LLETZ. The anaesthetic needles were just a tiny bit stingy but not too bad. They did have to up my anaesthetic & they gave me Adrenalin which does make you shake a lot. It was pleasant but waiting for the results is the worst bit if it all...7 weeks today since mine and still not heard :-( 

Good luck with your procedure and try and stay positive, big hug ! 

It wasn’t pleasant that should say! 

Hi,

i had lletz treatment yesterday (first smear @ 25 CIN2 found so I opted for removal rather than watch and wait), I was really worried but I found the lletz less uncomfortable than the colposcopy & biopsies. Fkrstly the speculum is inserted as normal smear, and the liquid is put in to highlight the bad cells. Then the anasthetic is injected, this sounds horrific and is infected into you cervix but I did not feel a thing! Only a slight pressure, (i had 3 lots of anasthetic), then the loop was instered which again I felt nothing and it was over in seconds. The worst thing was the smell, you can smell the burning which was foul but the nurses were spraying air freshener which I found amusing! 

It wasn’t as bad as I expect and I got to chill on a lovely bed for 10 mins afterwards!

x