Laparoscopic robotic hysterectomy

Hi

I’m due to have a laparoscopic robotic hysterectomy. Fortunately the cervical cancer I had was removed following a second lettz procedure just over a year ago. I’ve had two clear smears since, however I’m deciding to have the operation now as I’m having other problems with my cervix and bleeding following those procedures.
I’ve been told I’ll have the hysterectomy in 3/4 months and then have to return when I’m 45 (currently 38) to have my ovaries removed also.

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this surgery they would be willing to share? My consultant is very difficult to talk to and I’m just scaring myself looking at Google!

Thank you xx

I don’t see the point of the two surgeries. Either whip the ovaries out now and have HRT or just leave them. Seems odd to put someone through surgery unnecessarily .

That said, I’ve never had robotic surgery but my surgeon does it regularly and he says it never ceases to astonish him how quickly patients recover and what little pain they are in. So you are going to be fine!

Thank you for the reassurance!
He briefly stated HRT would not be as effective at my age but given this was the first time my ovaries were mentioned, I was just a little taken back!

1 Like