Kidney function

Hi ladies

In September last year I had an anterior pelvic exenteration (radical hysterectomy and bladder removal)  I have a permanent stoma with a urostomy bag now.  I’ve been coping really well until last week I had to have a routine renogram to check on my kidney function.  The consultant is concerned that my right kidney looks blocked and is not working at all.  I’m now booked in for a ct scan to get a closer look.  Im so scared (again) and wondered if any of you have had a similar experience? He’s talking nephrostomy.

Thanks xx

My kidney funcation is always at 89 % as I needed bilateral  nephostomys in as my tumour blocked my ureters sorry I'm  not much help  my fingers  r crossed 4 u x

Hi, I’ve had a under performing kidney since being diagnosed and due to the location of the tumour my kidney had been deteriorating prior to diagnosis.  I had stents fitted before starting treatment which opened my tubes and helped a lot, unfortunately as the treatment worked it also destroyed my bladder so last month I had a permanent stoma and Urostomy bag fitted, they removed my stents during the surgery but have been monitoring my kidney function and it is again dropping with each blood test, they are monitoring it but it’s looking likely I’ll need a stent again, if that doesn’t work I may have the kidney removed as they say you can survive with just one.  Not a great help to your question I know as my kidney is still doing something.  Wishing you all the best xx

Thanks ladies it’s just the not knowing what’s going to happen which is the worst. I’ll keep you posted. 

Julie x