Just had my cone!

Hi!!

I’m writing this laying in my hospital bed.

I have my cone done 2 hours ago. I’m a little uncomfy, more pain than my first Lletz. Still a little woozy and very dry mouth, no amount of water or tea is clenching it lol

Fingers crossed they’ve got it all!!!

Now, no one has said anything to me about checking lymph nodes! Is that normal? Everyone else on here seems to know about their lymph node so shall I mention that at all?

Anyway hope you are all well and coping ok!

Xxx

Hi Michelle. 

I'm so glad you have had the cone done and aren't feeling too poorly. Try at this point to not be stressed to much and focus in treating yourself well so you can recover. Rest, eat etc.  

once again you will be waiting for more results which again sucks but stay positive so that you will not be so tense. (I know it's so hard) if your dr suspected that she could get the rest of it then I'm sure she is right!! 

I don't know what to say about the lymph nodes... That is something you can ring and ask? 

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

Hi Lolli,

Thanks for replying!! 

I'm at home now, pain isnt to bad now so will keep up on my regular pain killers. The consultant came to see me and she said she was happy with how it went. Said she took a good button mushroom sized sample. Couldn't see nothing to the naked eye (although you can't really see the cells!?)

i lost about 250ml of blood so more than she would have liked but she inserted this stuff to stop the bleeding which so far seems to be working!

She also told me next stage will be a MRI more than likely and she's also stated she would like to me have a hysterectomy either way. I kinda expected that anyway.

I am trying not to stress about the MRI even tho im worried about the lymph nodes, so will just have a very few lazy days now to recover.

hope you're ok love!? 

Xxx

im glad you are home and are able to rest in your own bed. It makes a huge difference. 

No worries about the mri, better to have one done and be 100% sure even if the results from your  cone come back with clear margins. As for a hysterectomy, if you decide that even if she got all the cells and the Mri is clear they will probably just do a regular hysterectomy not a radical. 

What ever you do don't push yourself even if you are feeling better. You don't want to loose more blood. Really just rest. I know it's so easy to forget once you feel better to do something but they took a big chunk so make sure you fallow the rules. 

I'm doing great, I always feel great the day after chemo I'm sure it's because of those steroids.  Im actually not tired until about 4 days after when I run out of those pills. Then I'm a bit sluggish but other then that I'm doing very well. 

Rest honey, hugs

Hi Michelle:

So glad your cone biopsy went well. As Lolli says, rest and relax so you get your strength back. Keep drinking tons of water. My doc said that after a week or so you may get some bright red spotting. This is the scab from the incision falling off so don't worry about it. 

Lolli - You sound like so far so good. Is this the second week? I'm a bit out of it at the momentas it's 100 degrees here which quite frankly makes me dopey and pissed off!

love t x

Hi Teresa 

yes im doing great. It is my second week. So far I'm doing really well!!! Its been very hot here as well so I've been hybernating in the a/c. Thanks for asking. 

Xxx

Hi girls...having a bad day today, scared at what they will say from the sample taken. 

Part of me is hoping and praying they got it all as she said she got a good sized sample the other half thinks she's missed it completely!!

Scared of what the MRI will show so feeling very low today. 

Kids are on holidays and it's been hard to rest but have managed to sit down for a bit. 

What a headache 

Hi Michelle:

I know. Waiting for the cone biopsy results was hell.  When's the MRI scheduled?

t x

Hi hon

sorry you are having a rough day! It's totally normal to go from sad to kick ass mode. 

it's especially hard when your body is tired and recovering from your procedure. Maybe take your kids out for a little walk. Rest a bit on a park bench while they run free. Sometimes fresh air clears your mind. 

try to be strong. You can do this!! You are not alone. 

Xxx