Just diagnosed 3c

Thank you @Snowbird :blush:
You girls have Definitely put me at ease.
Just want to start this treatment already! X

I am in Canada.

2 Likes

I had no major issues with treatment.my biggest issue was trying to drink the right amount of water for radiation i was either to full or not full enough.chemo had no problems either took d meds i was prescribed and all went well.i did however loose a lot of weight by the time my treatment was finished i was down to 7stone.after treatment as i said the first 3months were hard at home with the baby but i also have 3 other kids and found i had little or no energy to do simple tasks.since treatment i have had issues with my bowels the last couple of months which i am waiting on appointments to get checked.xx

1 Like

Hi!

I’m so sorry you have found yourself in this horrid position.

I was in the exact same position in august of 2019, I just had a c section four months prior to my diagnose, I had ultrasounds of my cervix every two weeks during my pregnancy ( to make sure I wasn’t dialating early) , I had several internal exams and during delivery one of the doctors even asked me if I had anything done to my cervix as it felt irregular.

Fast forward, I had to have an emergency c section and was discharged after 24 hours.

I kept spotting on and off for 4 months and had a check up at my gynaecologist. When she looked at my cervix she’d demeanor completely changed. I will never forget the horrid look on her face. I knew right then and there I was in big trouble. She didn’t want to say it out loud at first, I pushed her into saying what she thought was going on. When she said I think you have cancer I knew that was the case.

Within 5 weeks after that first exam I received my first chemo. I was stage 2b old figo, but would be 3c according the new Figo standard.

I had 6 chemo, 25 external beam radio treatments and 2x28 hours of brachy therapy.

I had little to no side effects and am doing well today ,3 years and 6 months later

I hope you will have the same experience I had with treatment, I was absolutely terrified but it was completely do-able

6 Likes

Yeah I’m sure it will take me some getting use to with the water amount.
I’m trying to eat a lot more than usual so I don’t get too skinny during treatment :neutral_face:
Did you have a lot of symptoms during pregnancy?
I hope all goes well at your next appointment :pray:t2: xx

Hi Izzy!

Thank you for your story :pray:t2:
Yeah wow, it’s such an awful shock to hear after so many doctors and midwives have been looking at your cervix :exploding_head:
I’m glad someone finally picked it up for you!!

I’m so happy you are cancer free and treatment went well,
Fingers crossed it goes well for me :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:
Did you have any pain or symptoms apart from spotting during pregnancy?

The symptoms i had during pregnancy was lower back ache.when i was round 5months pregnant i began to have a brown/pink discharge which was when i went to the hospital to get checked out.i went back the second time over it and was told everything was fine.it was only when i went in to have my baby i knew something was not right.a doctor was called that night to help with delivery and she called to me the next morning and told me to go back to colposcopy as things had changed down their.i had been with another hospital since 2019 been monitored for cell changes.i rang that hospital when i got home in feb he wouldnt see me till april.he done internal and biopsy told me everything was normal and that my doctor for delivery should have not said anything.i then got the call couple of weeks later and told to bring someone at that point i knew myself.he told me that day i went down it was cancer but was microscopic which i probbaly would be looking at surgery.it was only when i had my mri and pet scan my stage was bumped up as it was in pelvic lymph nodes.i found after all the tests was really when i started to have a lot of pain daily.

I had absolutely no symptoms, and didn’t start spotting until after my little girl was born. I thought it had something to do with my c section scar , and went to the check up thinking I had a so called niche, and I brought my baby with me to show her off, little did I know what would be the outcome of that simple check.

In a way she saved my life, if it hadn’t been for her I would have thought I was heading into menopauze and I would have waited to get checked.

Now I had an almost 5 cm bulky tumor ( squamous cell) on my cervix without me knowing. I have never been more shell shocked in my life then that day

Yeah wow, it is good you found it when you did :pray:t2:So easy to mixed up any of cc symptoms with pregnancy and postpartum ot even menopause issues :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I thought my discharge was lochia but it didn’t stop and back and hip pain was thinking maybe it’s a prolapse… never thought Cancer :tired_face:

Gosh so your doctor said they couldn’t see anything?
Wasn’t it 7cm?
That’s a long time to make you wait to see him too!
Glad you persisted, it’s so easy to get brushed off by these busy medical professions.
I went back to the emergency at women’s hospital (where I had both of my babies)
Just before I was diagnosed, in pain thinking it was after birth related, they did exams, swabs and sent me home saying maybe it’s muscular pain and a bad “first period” after having a baby.
When I finally went to the gyno as soon as she seen my cervix she could see something.
The rest obviously didn’t know what they are looking at or just can’t be bothered actually doing anything.

Just wanted to say hi :wave: as I was recently diagnosed 3c2 after a routine smear test, I’ve always had my screening on time and nothing was ever highlighted until this one.

I start treatment on Monday. Trying to stay positive. Your stories on this thread have helped, thank you :blush:

3 Likes

Hello!
I’m sorry you are going this :two_hearts:
What date does your treatment start?
I met my treatment team today, I haven’t got an official date but they said most likely mid June.

I start bank holiday Monday. The waiting is awful isn’t it? I just want to start to get it over and done with now.

1 Like

@3c2 Yeah it’s the worst!
Same here :expressionless:

Hi @Akj

I’m so sorry to read of your recent diagnosis and hope you have been keeping as well as can be expected! :two_hearts:

Im 27 and was also diagnosed with stage 3C1 back in January with lymph node involvement after months of going back and forth with my GP and completed 25 x radiotherapy, 5 x chemo & 3 x brachytherapy from end of Feb-April! I received a call from my consultant the day I went in for my first brachytherapy session to tell me I’d had a complete response to treatment and the cancer is completely gone! Going into the unknown and the waiting game before and after diagnosis is probably one of the scariest parts of it all, especially when you have kids, but I’m sending you all the positivity in the world and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, or just want to chat to a fellow stage 3’er! X

9 Likes

Aw thank you for you message @Ndx
Was Really nice to read this today, just what I needed actually :two_hearts:
Had a rough 24 hours… I was in excruciating pain yesterday and turned out having to get a stent put in my kidney because the tumor was squeezing my left urethra :disappointed:
I’m glad it was only that and not it spreading to other organs like I was thinking :persevere:
the procedure went well and won’t interfere with treatment time :blush:
I’m so, so happy for your treatment response :pray:t2:
The best news!!
And a positive story and hope for all the stage 3 girls xx

Hi Akj,
All the best for your treatment.Stay strong.
I was treated for 3C cervical and had 25 radiotherapy, 5 chemo and 3 brachytherapy. Finished end January 2023. PET scan not due till end June.
But my cancer came back in March. Just start chemo again last week. I am in Melbourne

1 Like

Oh @SharonK I’m so sorry it’s come back :persevere:
Where did it come back?
I’m in Melbourne too.
I hope you’re ok x

Hi Akj,
Had my first lot of chemo last Wednesday. Next one in another 2 weeks.
Very tired and resting all day. I feel ok, just no energy.
You, stay strong, positive and calm.

1 Like

Thank you @SharonK
Take care of your self and rest up on your break.
Sending lots of positive vibes and prayers your way :pray:t2: xx

1 Like