Joining the Adenocarcinoma club

Just thought I'd join up and say hello as I'd been reading posts here for the past week or so.

I'm very overwhelmed, gutted, angry etc. I'm sure you all understand those emotions.

I don't know how to get through the days without feeling such despair? How do some of you stay so positive? I want to curl up into a ball until I get some answers that it's been removed.

Hopefully it'll pass and one day I'll be offering constructive advice to others in these early stages too.

Lucy x

Just an additional question. Did anyone else have no symptoms?

I've never had problem periods, no heavy bleeding, no mid cycle bleeding, no bleeding after sex etc?

I have had a bad back for what seems like years and for the past year chronic hip pain in my left hip, and a general feeling of achy bones in the past two years. All GPs have investigated arthritis or conditions like bursitis. Could that have been my only indicator that the CC was starting? Maybe it's not related at all?

I feel so strange to be told I have adenocarcinoma and yet have no issues down there? anyone else?

Hi

im sorry you are going through this as I do remember the feelings of despair and anger in early days of being diagnosed. I was diagnosed with stage 2b and had had 3 smears done within a year of being diagnosed. 1st one was before trying to conceive,2nd just after I became pregnant, 3Rd after baby was born so I could get an iud inserted. All came back clear. It was because dr had a hard time getting my iud in place that he put me under to insert and noticed an area further up on my cervix hiding away that he took a biopsy. Never had a issue, no symptoms, everything normal. I almost didn't believe I had been diagnosed with cancer. I actually thought they got someone else mixed up. 

Dont dwell or stew on things for too long. Look forward, take each day as it is. Enjoy small things and keep your mind from wondering. 

You will get through this, the mental part is the hardest bit as it stays with you long after the treatment. 

Good luck with things. 

Post treatment 3 years for adenoma malignum, stage 1b2. Surgery was not deemed an option and I was treated with external radiation/chemo/brachytherap w/HDR.  I am still being followed at Moffitt Cancer Center with no eviden of active disease.  

In retrospect I had mild symptoms of urinary incontinence which I had discounted to aging (60 yrs old) and swelling of my feet.  Both subsided post treatment.

Hi there,

I had glassy cell adenocarcinoma twenty years ago so please don't despair. There are lots of us kicking about!!

Good luck, sounds like a naff day for the op so close to Christmas. However all the routine stuff will be dropping off so you will get extra good care!

Best wishes,

Karen 

I was also diagnosed with adenocarcinoma this year with no symptoms what so eve, mine was early stage and have had hysterectomy

Adenosquamous Stage 2b and I hadn't got a clue. No symptoms at all until I started to bleed, which was a big surprise as I'd had a hysterectomy 10 years earlier.

I was diagnosed in May and had had a clear smear test 7 months before in October. 

hey ladies... thought I woudl jump in here. I think I'm a bit behind as i have had a colposcopy which showed CIN 3 and adenocarcinoma with glandular cell involvement. I'm waiting for my surgical date for a cone biopsy.

I'm scared.... scared it's gone to my lymph nodes. Wondering if I need a hystrectomy. If so what type will it be? Have anyone had this or have any information for me?