I cannot bear the waiting

I had my routine smear on 1st August, I had to wait 3 months for my results which were HPV & ‘changes’ I had a colposcopy on 6th November & was told a 4 week wait which when I called to chase on Monday have now been told it’s a 6-8 week wait total so that could be another 2-4 weeks (ahhhh) I appreciate covid has completely ruined the state of the already under pressure NHS however has anyone else had to wait/is waiting this long. I’ve had this niggling discomfort in my lower abdomen for a couple of years & now I’m convinced I have a later stage CC. I only come on here, not google (anymore) I don’t even know what I’m looking for by writing this. When I phoned the clinic the woman was so rude and unhelpful so I guess just some reassurance about what could be waiting for me when I do finally get that letter/phonecall. Thank you x

1 Like

Hi Polly
I haven’t had a colposcopy so can’t help you there but just wanted to let you know you’re heard here
I’m sorry the staff were dismissive and unhelpful. Yes the NHS has issues but the staff are there to help you and I’m sorry they made you feel that way x

1 Like

Hi the results take that long, I was diagnosed the other day and needed a lletz and even though the samples are sent as urgent it’s still 2-4 weeks it how long it takes for them to develop.

It’s infuriating and so stressful.

Sorry you are having to wait x

I read another of your threads. I hope you get your staging soon and it’s as good a news as possible! So thankful for this forum just to vent. Hope you’re doing well x

Thank you. Bloody nightmare all of this and the waiting. Sending love x