Husband won’t believe me

Can anyone advise me please. Im feeling so frightened and alone. I’ve had a positive hpv on my smear results the last 4 times now. I’ve not told my husband. Im under the colcoscopy clinic, but my husband just knows that I have cell changes. I can’t tell him, because he will definitely think I’ve had an affair. I kissed someone else 20 years ago, nothing else happened. But he has never got over it and constantly worries that I may see someone else. I know what he’ll think if I tell him. The fact that it can lay dormant for decades will be irrelevant to him. We’ve been married for 30 years so I guess it sounds far fetched. I trust him totally. Can it really lay dormant for this long? The fear of seeing his face so sad is almost worse than the fear of this developing into a worse disease. I don’t know what to do. I’m trying to look normal on the outside but inside I’m falling apart.

this is how I feel too, I’m so scared since being tested hpv positive. I dumped my ex as soon as I found out. He has a wart on his hand so I’m so he already had the virus and passing it on. Emotionally I’m so hurt and down

I’m sorry you’re going through this. It’s always hard to hear when people’s partners won’t be understanding. The truth as you know is that he could’ve given it to you! It can absolutely go dormant and then resurface at any time and start causing problems. If you’re worried he won’t understand then maybe leave out the HPV part, cell abnormalities can happen even without HPV being present. If, however, you feel the need to tell him or it’s gotten more serious and you have to tell him then maybe just talk to your doctor about it ahead of time and tell your doctor your fears (that he’ll think you cheated) and bring him to your next appointment and have your doctor explain it to him. If it comes straight from the horse’s mouth so to speak he might handle it better and the doctor can reassure him that there was no infidelity, that this DOES happen to even the most loyal of couples. Hang in there sister.

Hello Estelle
I know your post was a little while ago but I really felt for you reading it. How stressful on top of the HPV, I’m sorry!
How are you getting on now, hope things are a little better
My understanding is that HPV can be dormant for a very very long time x