HPV and abnormal cells

I am not really sure what I am looking for. Here is my story

I had a routine pap last year which came back positive for HPV. I had a colposcopy a few weeks later in which my gynae said he could see abnormal cells on my cervix. He took a punch biopsy which came back normal. He said he would see me in a year.

I had my second colposcopy 2 days ago. He said he could still see abnormal cells on my cervix and did another test for HPV and he said if it came back positive he would get me in to remove the cells.

I guess I have a few questions. Probably just being impatient but I’m anxious.

Is it normal to have a normal biopsy but still have abnormal cells one year later?? I thought they would go away on their own!

What are the chances of HPV being out of my system in one year?

He said the cells looked similar to last year…If it is bad abnormal cells would of increased in a year? Or is normal to not have much change in a year?

Many thanks

Hi!

i have had a similar experience to you. I had my first smear a year and a half ago and I got told I needed to go for colposcopy. He also did a biopsy. My colposcopy indicated I had hpv16 and cin1. He then said to come back after 6 months - same result. He then said let's wait another six months - so now been 1.5 years. He said that if the hpv is still there and the cells have not gone he would treat. So just a waiting game for me.

hope it goes well for you :) 

Any updates for the both of you?