HPV, abnormal smear, colposcopy no CIN

Hi guys!

im a little bit baffled and would like some advice please! I got diagnosed with HPV in june 2018. my smear showed low grade abnormal changes and I was sent to a colposcopy. 

A biopsy was taken and my results come back a week later to say that no CIN was found and to go back for a repeat smear and HPV test in a year.

can someone please inform me why my smear showed low grade changes and my colposcopy said I had no CIN? I’m really confused :( I thought that HPV gave everybody CIN changes, and if This is the case does that mean that mine Will change to CIN1 CIN2 or CIN3 in the future? 

Thanks xx

Hi 

I also was told I had borderline cell changes and high risk HPV I was terrified and had to go for a coloscopy. I was told at the appointment I didn’t have strain 16 or 18 which are the strains that cause I think it’s 70 percent Of cell changes that can but don’t always lead to cancer . The consultant said everything looked normal and I didn’t even need a biopsy he put me back to 3 year smears but this too does worry me a bit as I too thought hpv caused at least some kind of changes.

my consultant told me most women with borderline  changes   and a  high risk strain not 16 or 18 usually clear the hpv themselves. Maybe you also do not have either of these strains