How long before bowels are normal?

Hello ladies,
It’s only been 2.5 weeks from finishing my treatment but I’m just wondering how long it takes before bowels are normal again?
I have been getting better slowly as some days I’m normal but then out of the blue I am running to the loo!!!
I have stopped taking any medication for this but am reconsidering to get some more as this seems to occur every other day. One day I’m good the next I’m sitting in the loo at least 2-3 times a day. It’s still quite explosive(sorry tmi)
Anyways, I’m trying to control with diet but that doesn’t seem to make much difference. It is way better then it was a few weeks ago but just wondering how long this will last. Any info or experiences will be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the poo question!

Hi Lolli I was last incontinent about 10 months post treatment with radio and even then it was only once a fortnight. It sort of took me unawares and sometimes I didn't even know I'd done it. Completely normal now. It was always first thing in the morning so no embarassing times when out and about. Hope that helps

Hi Lolli :-)

I think it really varies from person to person and I cannot now remember how long it took for my bowels to settle down. There is no such thing as TMI here so never worry yourself about that! If we can't be open and honest with one another here then where? However, 2.5 weeks is a very short time. To the best of my knowledge the radiotherapy is still working on you so you won't be recovering just yet. It's great that you are already seeing an improvement and I expect that will continue, but how long it takes to be exactly how you were beforehand is a very difficult question.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hey chicka,

Im 3 months after treatment and whilst most days are ok now, i still have the odd day a week when im very loose. Its not as explosive anymore. 

Its only been about a month of lessening trips to the loo.

Have you seen the youtube video of the farting hippo? Very funny & how i described my self in the early days hee hee. I know i joke (cos u gotta laugh) but i do remember feeling very frustrated and embarrassed so i do feel for u hunni. It will get better & as Tiv says, everybody is different xxx

As the other ladies say everyone different I still have to run sometimes to the toilet and I finished treatment April