Bowels and diarrhoea

I finished treatment on Friday and have spent the last 3 days on the toilet. On Monday I had 16 bowel movements. I’m feeling stressed and run down by this. Scared to eat now. 

Did this happen to anyone else? When does it settle after treatment? 

Firstly congrats on getting through your treatment ❤️ I found a week after my radio/chemo finished was when my side effects really controlled my life! Not so much the pooping but cystitis, have you got any poop tablets left? My side effects lasted about a week, keep your fluids up sweet, it will pass shortly xx

I’m currently in hospital on a drip for fluids. I phoned for advice due to volume of diarrhoea and they wanted me in. I’m ok and feel ok just need to get this more manageable!

but at least treatment is over!

Well done you on getting through the treatment.

Im appoaching 3 years post treatment and still get occasional  Diarrhoea however I've learnt to manage it with diet and as certain foods that I could eat before now really upset me .  I'm sure it will settle its early days for you .

Well done again on finishing treatment .

greeni xx

Yes it happened to me. Sickness and diarrhea and sometimes both at the same time. The meds didn't touch it . I thought that it was my bodies way of getting rid of the poison it had been treated with. I stopped taking meds and it took about ten days to return to some normality.. I will warn you that I daren't leave the house for those ten days though ! Do keep up your fluids as much as you can.

Congratulations on getting through all the treatment! We all seem to react rather differently to treatment. Some people sail through all of it, some suffer short-lived side effects and some have longer lasting reminders of the battle they have fought. Here's hoping your poor body recovers well enough soon enough and that the cancer is well and truly beaten.

Be lucky! :-)
Tivoli

Hi lovely  

I definitrly had some very very strange bowel movements post treatment. I am 3 months post treatment and my bowels are still not back to normal. My Oncologist saif ita normal and side effects can last up to 2 years! I'm sure they will subside eventually. Well done on finishing your treatment. Go out and celebrate now!! X