Bowels.....

Please see post below ..... having a user  error day !

Hi ladies....

I finished my chemoradiation in march and had surgery in june.  My bowels have always been sensitive so during treatment I knew they would play up and boy did they exceed expectations !!  Anyway by the time my op was scheduled they had settled back to normal.... I was so grateful.... even after the op they were ok, until last week.   When I eat, I need the loo within the hour,  and its really loose (sorry if tmi....)

Has anyone else had this type if set back ? Any advice would be great,.,,

Thanks

Hi Tracey,

I haven't had that problem myself since my treatment,but I know the

treatment kill's of you intestinal flora,so maybe try some Acidopholus/bifodofolus.

(spelling!!) They sell it in any good health food shops.Also it could

just be a little tummy upset,not to do with your treatment.

How long as it gone on for.Does loperamide help?

Hope you get some good advice feel better soon....

Never ends does it ;-(

Becky x

Hi Becky

Thanks for info.... I will pop into the health shop when we get back to the uk.

the loperimide does help and taking one after I have my main meal stops me needing to go, but I dont want to keep taking them.  Its been like this for a week, and it might be a general upset but it doesn't feel  like one....

I will book in at the drs.... even if its for a repeat perscription..... at this rate I will be bankrupt if I have to buy them !

Definitely agree with.....its never ending !

Take care

hi tracey. i have an ongoing issue with my bowels after RT. docs said its proctitus. after i have a large meal almost immediatly i need the loo. if i dont have my loperimide everyday the runs come back thr next day. do you have a prescription exemption card,?. lea 

Hi lea

I do have the card .... im planning on going to the drs next week to have it checked

Did yours start straight away or was there a delay ?  Mine were fine up until a week or so ago and then after every meal I need the bathroom......

Thanks

mine started a week or so after RT finished. i started passing mucasy poo (tmi) then blood clots ..went to docs obviously panicking thinking worst case. he prescribed me prodacteyl (?) suppositries and they worked a treat. i have to take loperimide everyday but so far its working ok. i do know that the side effects can strike whenever so if you are worried see gp. love lea.xx

Cheers lea...

hi tracey, mine went like water during my extrenal radio so i had to make sure i didnt eat too much if we were planning on going out anywhere without a loo etc. I found eating less fibre helped as im not a fan of pills but i WAS given stuff. Its cleared up now but now after about 6 weeks of loose stools i think my poor little bum isnt used to solid stools so it feels like pooing glass shards but now after a couple weeks its starting to get back to normal thank gosh! so looking for ward to more radio if needed next month LOL start again grrr. hope you recover, just bite the bullet and eat plenty of white pasta, mash and rice etc xx

Hi kitty

Thanks for you reply..., 

I have had 3 good days so im hoping it was a phase.  Still going to talk to the dr because I need a new prescription of loperimide ready for the next round lol xx

I see that your treatment is being effective.... hope things continue to work xx

Tracey

I have the exact same problem Tracy! Sometimes it's explosive! Lol.....mine don't give me much time to loo sometimes, mornings can be a rush to get there. I spoke about it to my oncologist on Thursday and she seemed to think it was okay and hopefully the bowels will settle again in time. I have more loose bowels now than I did with my chemotherapy! And radiotherapy....and the constant noises!... Grumbling, bubbling...popping....even wining from my bowels and intestines....24/7 it never stops! It's SO loud, I wake myself up!

Hugs

Nicky x

Diagnosed cancer of the whomb 29th Jan 2014

MRI changes diagnosis to CC

PET/CT confirms lymph node involvement

Internal examination under GA confirms stage 2b 4cm tumour.

Treatment: 28 external radiotherapy, 5 cycles chemotherapy Cisplatin, 3 brachytherapy

Treatment finished May 6th

3 month PET/CT and MRI August the 11th and 13th 

Sept 4th 2014 Scans show no sign of disease.

LOL Nicky! That's exactly how I was, but I have to say things are getting better! My bowels are settling down a bit now and not so noisy! 

Sue ;-)

It's the wind for me!!!!!Crickey never stops!!!!

Not looking forward to winter,having to go outside

every five minutes LOL!!! Got to laugh girls it's

the only way...

Becky Xx

Oh my goodness Sue...LOL...you mean I could have another year of toilet dashing and growls that break the sound barrier before they start to calm down! hahaha!..well I guess it's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

Hugs

Nicky X

Treatment: 28 external radiotherapy, 5 cycles chemotherapy Cisplatin, 3 brachytherapy

LOL Becky....You'd better wrap up warm! Thank God we don't have outside toilets anymore!!!!!!

Hugs

Nicky X

Hi Ladies

Thank you so much for the replies...... its great to know that its 'normal' but reading your posts made me laugh !!

The explosive nature, the urgency, the grumbling (my hubby calls it the internal thunderstorm !!), oh and the wind.....  all seem to be the norm....

Well the good news is they have settled in the last 4 days and normal service has been resumed lol.   The other good news is that because I dont like to take the tablets when I am at home, and I have increased my excercise, I have managed to shift the 1/2 stone of extra weight I was carrying !!  Happy days xx

Take care

Tracey.....Thats brilliant new's.Can't wait till I get back into

my jeans!!!

Xx

Becky

I was exactly the same - crazy how wearing your old jeans makes you feel 'normal' again lol xx