Hospital back log

Hi all,
It’s 3 weeks tomorrow since my colposcopy and they advised the results would take 2 weeks so I called the hospital today (I’m under Scunthorpe for some reason) and was told that due to a backlog results were taking, on average 4-6 weeks! Has anyone else been waiting this long? I’m going out of my mind :frowning:

Hi there. I am from Grimsby and both my sister and friend had to wait 4-6 weeks for their smear results, due to staff shortage, sickness I think. I'm not sure if this is the same lab, it might be. If you don't hear anything sooner then assume it's a good thing. Wishing you all the best x

Hi Tan, 

thabks for your reply, Grimsby probably comes under Scunthorpe too I would imagine.  I live in Selby so am usually referred to York so never dealt with Scunthorpe before! 

Lets hope it's more 4 weeks than 6 weeks xxx

Hi m, I had my colposcopy 3 weeks and 2 days ago and I'm still waiting for my results too. It's so frustrating...hope you get yours soon xx

Hi Vicky, 

thanks, same to you, I had mine 2 days after you so maybe we'll find out together xxxx

Hi, sorry about the late reply it never came up on mine, I'm still waiting for my results what about you? If you don't mind me asking where are you from? as I think that's a deciding factor in how quick people receive their results as I've known people on here wait less than 2 weeks and we are now coming up to 4 :( xx

Hi Vicky,

no results here either :(. I live in Selby North Yorkshire and usually have treatment at York but the referral came through for Scunthorpe this time for some reason!

where are you from?  

4 weeks on Friday for me and I'm going mad!! Xx

I'm from Huddersfield West Yorkshire, but was referred to calderdale hospital which is Halifax, still no results here either :( and its 4 weeks today for me! Hope you get yours soon xx

Hi vicky

got my results through today, no sign of cancer, confirmed CIN3 and booked for LLETZ on Tuesday.  I'm so relieved it's untrue! Really hope your results are through soon!  Let me know xxxx

Still no results for me so glad it's not cancer and hope your lletz goes smoothly will let you know when mine finally get here :) xx