Home hpv screening recommendations please

Can anybody recommend a home HPV screening kit service please?
In abscense of being able to go through a smear at least this is the next best thing.

Hi Bb22 and welcome

I’ve never used a HPV screening kit but just noticed you hadn’t had any replies yet.

As far as I’m aware, in the UK the only way to get a kit is to order on-line. You could google and compare what kind of service various companies offer; I think some of them will call you if your result is positive for HPV whereas others just send a message regardless of the result. Check that the kits are quality accredited. I would steer clear of suppliers that don’t give much information or kits which are particularly cheap.

it would be interesting to hear how you get on with the kit you decide on.

x

1 Like

Hey, I’ve used Superdrug a couple of times. I ordered online and the kit arrived quickly, instructions are clear and I got the results back online after a week.

1 Like

I’m UK based and although I haven’t used a kit yet, I plan to use the Superdrug online kit to monitor my HPV status annually, between my routine 3-yearly smears, moving forward. Although there seem to be many available kits, I decided to go with one that used a UK-based lab (less chance for samples to go astray) and from a brand name I felt I could trust.

1 Like

Hi, i used lets get checked. They were really quick and did call me with result, was showing HPV18… however, I’m not sure I’ve helped myself in that my abnormal smear was in October last year and I’m still waiting on colposcopy… GP says not to worry. Which of course i am as i have this information about HPV 18… I’m in Glasgow and there is a huge backlog…

Anyway, that site has very good reviews, wick responses.

Hi I had a nhs smear that confirmed i had mild dyskaryosis and high risk HPV. I wanted to know which strain which of course the Nhs do not do. I therefore used Superdrugs home test kit. It will tell you if you are positive or negative and which strains you test positive for. It is so easy to do. Just as easy as inserting a tampon, ie you insert the longish cotton bud probe, turn it a few times and put it into a sealed test tube.

I posted it back in a pre paid envelope and got the results by email avfew says later.

I would recommend this as, now i know i have type 16, i will be more eager to follow up on smears.