High Grad CGin - Worried

Hi All,

I’ve had HPV and classed as a high risk for the last 5 years (I am 29 years old, no children) and have regular smears, biopsies and colposcopies - Generally told to come back again in 6 months - 1 year to keep an eye on it.

In September I had a routine smear, which included a biopsy for precaution. 6 weeks later I was asked to come back for an ‘emergency Loop procedure’.

I had the procedure Beginning of December and I have I have just received a letter stating that the results of my LLETZ have shown High Grade CGin and given me an appointment for ‘first post treatment cervical screening test’ end of May 2017?

I was under the impression that High Grade GCin is a cause for concern? Why would they wait 6 months to follow this up? I was told worst case at my appointment would be I would need to go back In Jan (this month) for another Loop procedure. Does it getting any worse then High Grade CGin without being cancer?

I am trying to call the clinic but they are still not open since the New Year.

Any advice is so much appreciated :frowning:

Hi

I am not experienced with post LLETZ things as I was straight from colp to a cone biopsy. It sounds like maybe you had high grade and that's what they removed so now the follow up is like a normal follow up to make sure any CGIN hasn't returned? Sorry not sure as you are the one with the letter. I think you are best to try and call tomorrow to get them to explain what they mean.. sorry I can't be more help! Hopefully they know for now that you don't need more treatment in January. x 

Hi lealea71

sorry to hear what you are going through but I have recently gone through the exact same situation. I am 28 and end of September last year I had my an abnormal smear result and told I was to have a colposcopy mid October. 

I had the leetz procedure and 4 weeks later I got my results high grade cgin and cin2. The letter also stated that they removed all the abnormal cells so they won't need to see me again until April. Just like you this seems a bit odd to me.

i have also gone to see a consultant about my endometriosis and he has made me freak out a little and said you must go to your follow up appointment as that procedure doesn't wasn't remove it all and for women with children we would recommend a hysterectomy!!!

like you I do not yet have any children and don't feel ready for them yet but would like the option in a few years time!

xx