Heavy Bleeding - treatment- now i am scared

So, 5 days post LLETZ I started to bleed. Fresh blood not period like 7 super maci night pads and 2 changes of clothes in 2 hours and a blood cloth that required 2 hands to remove from the shower (sorry for the oversharing) kind of bleed. Emergency department were amazing, within 5 hours i had 1l fluids, antibiotics, clothing medication, local maximum silver nitrate and after all failed a vaginal pack inserted . After 10h the pack was removed and all seam ok and this is where my concerns started, the ward staff ( mainly the doctor) become dismissive of me and they did not even re-reviewed me after couple of hours when i complained i was having a small brown discharge similar to what i had before the bleed started. I was discharged 4h later with no indication of what should i do or do do at home or even if i can go back to work (i am a nurse too so lots of standing, walking and lifting) just the nurses told me this is normal and “you can self certify sick up to a week” and thats all. Now i am home and eve-time i stand of walk i have a small brownish discharge, its making me so scared of walking i am so scared that if i dont sit still i will bleed again and being alone at gome with a 2year old at night (partner works nights) i am so scared … has anyone had a bleed and then this discharge and was ok? Should i go back to the hospital even though i have been told this is normal?

Hi Feb2024

I haven’t had the same experience as you but I know how very scarey an unexpected heavy bleed can be. Just wanted to suggest calling the clinic that did your LLETZ for advice.

x

1 Like

Hi, i did have a heavy bleed after lletz, soaking through clothes like someone turned a tap on. It was quite a few years ago now but i know after being on iv antibiotics in the gynae ward i was sent home with oral antibiotics and i was told it was likely caused by infection interrupting the healing process. I didnt bleed again but i would give yourself at least a week off work to give things a chance to heal.

1 Like

Hi, I had two huge bleeds about two weeks after my Lletz treatment. Like you went to the hospital, I only needed silver nitrate treatment and given antibiotics in case of infection.
It’s really alarming and made me nervous for a few days after, especially having little kids to look after too. But no further bleeds so hopefully will be the same for you. Take care

1 Like

Thank you for the reassuring comments :slight_smile: i did call the unit as well and that was helpful too. :crossed_fingers: no more bleed just the “normal” after liquid and had a pretty busy day today so will be back to work tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like